USA: SYSCO to expand Canadian Market Coverage with proposed addition of North Douglas Distributors, LTD.
SYSCO Corporation (NYSE: SYY), North America's largest foodservice marketer and distributor, today announced it has signed a letter of intent to acquire North Douglas Distributors, LTD., the largest independently owned broadline foodservice distributor on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The purchase is subject to SYSCO's due diligence and the negotiation of a definitive agreement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action