USA: SYSCO to Expand Its Foodservice Distribution Reach With New Facility in South Carolina Market
SYSCO Corporation (NYSE: SYY), North America's largest foodservice marketer and distributor, today announced plans to broaden its industry-leading distribution coverage with the construction of a ``fold-out'' facility in South Carolina. The company has tentatively selected a site for the complex on Garners Ferry Road, on the outskirts of Columbia, South Carolina, in Richland County. SYSCO is currently performing due diligence for the site selection process, including geotechnical and environmental studies, and expects to finalize the location by the end of the calendar year. The new operation will include approximately 266,000 square feet of building space and is expected to be operational by the first quarter of calendar year 2002. The company plans to employ 400 initially and expects the employee base to reach 600 by 2005.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund