DENMARK: Takeaway pizza shops full of bacteria
In 78% of takeaway pizza shops there were unacceptable levels of bacteria, after inspections from September to December last year in the Herning food region, under the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration. A total of 54 pizza places were inspected, and 42 were unacceptable. The businesses were told to tighten up their hygiene after the first visit by authorities, but 14 (33%) still failed to meet standards after a second visit. After analysis of tests, they were limited as to what they were allowed to sell.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch