AUSTRALIA: Takeovers Panel to report on Goodman Fielder response to Burns Philp bid
The Takeovers Panel in Australia is expected to report this week on the response by Goodman Fielder, the country's largest domestic food producer, to a bid by yeast group Burns Philp. Goodman Fielder has rejected the A$1.85 (US$1.09) a share offer saying the bid is opportunistic, taking advantage of poor trading conditions caused by the drought in Australia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth