AUSTRALIA: Takeovers Panel to report on Goodman Fielder response to Burns Philp bid
The Takeovers Panel in Australia is expected to report this week on the response by Goodman Fielder, the country's largest domestic food producer, to a bid by yeast group Burns Philp. Goodman Fielder has rejected the A$1.85 (US$1.09) a share offer saying the bid is opportunistic, taking advantage of poor trading conditions caused by the drought in Australia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast