US: Talenti Gelato acquires former Kroger ice cream facility
The acquisition, Talenti said, represents a “significant” investment for the company
US ice cream producer Talenti Gelato has purchased a former Kroger ice cream production facility in Georgia.
The acquisition, Talenti said, represents a "significant" investment for the company and is expected to create around 100 jobs.
Minnesota-based Talenti said it plans to maintain its existing plant in Dallas but re-locate its primary production headquarters to the Marietta Industrial Park and begin production later this year.
"The country's best selling gelato will be right at home in one of America's greatest communities", said Bob Burns, VP of operations for Talenti, who will move to Marietta to manage the new facility.
The news that Supervalu has agreed to sell five of its supermarket chains, including Albertsons, in a deal worth US$3.3bn will come as little surprise to those in the industry. The rest of Supervalu i...
News that Safeway's long-standing CEO, Steve Burd, is to retire in May has spawned greater uncertainty among some analysts about the retailer's competitive position....
Harris Teeter Supermarkets has declined to comment on reports it is exploring strategic options including the possibility of a sale....
Whole Foods Market supplier United Natural Foods has said it is disappointed not to have reached a deal with the Teamsters trade union in the two groups' latest talks....
US frozen-food firm Overhill Farms has recorded what it says is a "substantial" increase in full-year profit and sales, despite a "challenging" economic climate....
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods