US: Talenti Gelato acquires former Kroger ice cream facility
The acquisition, Talenti said, represents a “significant” investment for the company
US ice cream producer Talenti Gelato has purchased a former Kroger ice cream production facility in Georgia.
The acquisition, Talenti said, represents a "significant" investment for the company and is expected to create around 100 jobs.
Minnesota-based Talenti said it plans to maintain its existing plant in Dallas but re-locate its primary production headquarters to the Marietta Industrial Park and begin production later this year.
"The country's best selling gelato will be right at home in one of America's greatest communities", said Bob Burns, VP of operations for Talenti, who will move to Marietta to manage the new facility.
The news that Supervalu has agreed to sell five of its supermarket chains, including Albertsons, in a deal worth US$3.3bn will come as little surprise to those in the industry. The rest of Supervalu i...
News that Safeway's long-standing CEO, Steve Burd, is to retire in May has spawned greater uncertainty among some analysts about the retailer's competitive position....
Harris Teeter Supermarkets has declined to comment on reports it is exploring strategic options including the possibility of a sale....
Whole Foods Market supplier United Natural Foods has said it is disappointed not to have reached a deal with the Teamsters trade union in the two groups' latest talks....
US frozen-food firm Overhill Farms has recorded what it says is a "substantial" increase in full-year profit and sales, despite a "challenging" economic climate....
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands