POLAND: Talks over EU food hygiene standards reach conclusion
The EU European Council has agreed to conclude talks with Poland concerning food hygiene standards. The talks were concluded on the condition that Poland implements fundamental change into the country's rural areas before 2004. Polish milk producers face the biggest changes. Currently, only 38 of Poland's 300 milk production plants meet EU standards. Many will not be granted access to the EU dairy markets as they have been unable to raise the necessary money to bring their plant up to standard.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast