UK: Tangerine launches Vimto Bon Bons through licencing deal
Vimto Bon Bons are available in a 165g bag or jar format
Tangerine Confectionery, the UK firm behind Butterkist popcorn, has launched a range of sweets under soft drink brand Vimto.
Through a licencing deal with UK drinks group Nichols, the owner of Vimto, Tangerine has developed Vimto Bon Bons. The products are available in a 165g bag or jar format and are priced at GBP1 (US$1.58).
"The Vimto flavour appeals to all ages and the brand is a firm household name. The product is top quality, so couple this with the well-established Vimto brand proposition ... and our proven track record of producing some of Britain's best loved sweets and we have a winning combination," Tangerine marketing manager Helen Hartley said yesterday (12 April).
Earlier this year, Tangerine acquired local rival Smith Kendon. Last October, it bought the Wham and Highland Toffee brands after Scottish confectioner New McCowan fell into administration.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report