UK: Tangerine names former UB chief Testard as CEO
Tangerine owns Butterkist popcorn brand
UK-based confectionery company Tangerine has appointed former United Biscuits CEO Benoit Testard as its new chief executive.
Testard, who joined Tangerine as a non-executive director in October 2013, will take up his new role from the beginning of March.
In the meantime Steven Joseph, currently chairman of the group, will assume the position of interim CEO in order to maintain the momentum of Tangerine's investment plans for 2014, the company said.
The appointment follows the departure of Graham Hunter at the start of the year. Tangerine said Hunter left the business after two years at the helm for personal reasons.
After joining United Biscuits in 1999 as MD of its French business, Testard took charge of its Northern European operation in 2001, went on to become MD of its UK business in 2004, and took the role of CEO for the UB Group in 2011. Testard's career, spanning three decades, also includes time spent at Reckitt and Colman and Fromageries Bel Group.
Joseph, chairman of Tangerine, said: "Benoit Testard is an outstanding appointment for Tangerine. He brings deep experience in FMCG in the UK and continental Europe and a track record of great success."
Tangerine Confectionery produces a number of popular lines including Butterkist popcorn, WHam bar, Sherbet Fountain, Dip Dab and Henry Goode's liquorice.
Fromageries Bel - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Synopsis Canadean's "Fromageries Bel SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile c...
Fromageries Bel aims to maintain its positions in cheese and dairy products. In order to do so, the group will continue to focus on product innovation to support market trends: Developing new ways of ...
Raley's Family of Fine Stores - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and se...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report