ISRAEL: Tara Dairies may forfeit government if JV goes ahead
The government's Investment Center is likely to reconsider its decision to provide a grant of £5m to Tara Dairies as an encouragement for establishing its new dairy in a development region in the southern part of the country, "should the controlling shares of Tara be sold to another company." The announcement was made in response to a press report revealing Tara's new strategy to sell at least 51% of its shares to a large concern, "preferably to an international corporation."
By Aaron Priel, just-food.com correspondent
To see an earlier article on this story, click here.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations