POLAND: Targban acquires Del Monte Poland facility
Targban has acquired the Polish Del Monte's banana ripening facility.
Polish fruit and veg importer and distributor Targban has acquired the banana ripening facilities of Del Monte Poland as part of an agreement.
According to Targban, the addition of the Warsaw-based banana ripening facility allows the group to significantly expand its capabilities within its core product group.
A statement issued by the company adds the company will be "reinforcing our market leading position as a supplier of fresh produce and solutions to the largest retail groups and local wholesale leaders in Eastern Europe".
Targban cooperates with producers from Europe, South America, Africa, USA and New Zealand. Its customer portfolio comprises some of the largest Polish retail chains and local wholesale markets across the country.
At present, the company has at its disposal warehouses comprising the total area of 6,000 square meters and runs three wholesale distribution points in Warsaw.
On December 1st 2013 Targban has entered into an agreement to take over the banana ripening facilities of Del Monte Poland, an affiliate of a global producer and distributor of fresh fruit and vegetables Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
With the addition of the new banana ripening facility located in Warsaw, we will be significantly expanding our capabilities within our core product group as well as reinforcing our market leading position as a supplier of fresh produce and solutions to the largest retail groups and local wholesale leaders in Eastern Europe.
Original source: Targban
Sectors: Fresh produce
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Foodservice in the US - what the analysts say
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- UK organic industry's bullish outlook
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Greenyard Foods, Univeg, Peatinvest mulling merger
- Thorntons sales, profits fall