UK: Chicken: tastes like beef (COMMENT)
The FSA has discovered beef and pork protein in chicken. Following complaints from customers about unusually rubbery chicken, the FSA has revealed that eight manufacturers have been adulterating their chicken with water and foreign proteins. This is not in itself illegal, but the failure to correctly label the chicken is. Unless the industry takes action to end such abuses, the market will continue to decline.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale