USA: Tasty Baking boosts brand profile with hunt for companion for company's mascot
Tasty Baking's official company mascot, Kirbee the Krimpet, has been single since his inception in 1998. However the Philadelphia firm is running a nationwide competition for children to come up with a mate for Kirbee. Gary G. Kyle, VP of marketing and national sales, said that the nationwide search to find "that special someone" for Kirbee starts today [Thursday] and kids between the ages of six and 12 are being encouraged to base the new mascot around the company's most popular snack cake, the Kandy Kake.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti