USA: Tasty Baking boosts brand profile with hunt for companion for company's mascot
Tasty Baking's official company mascot, Kirbee the Krimpet, has been single since his inception in 1998. However the Philadelphia firm is running a nationwide competition for children to come up with a mate for Kirbee. Gary G. Kyle, VP of marketing and national sales, said that the nationwide search to find "that special someone" for Kirbee starts today [Thursday] and kids between the ages of six and 12 are being encouraged to base the new mascot around the company's most popular snack cake, the Kandy Kake.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"