USA: Tasty Baking boosts brand profile with hunt for companion for company's mascot
Tasty Baking's official company mascot, Kirbee the Krimpet, has been single since his inception in 1998. However the Philadelphia firm is running a nationwide competition for children to come up with a mate for Kirbee. Gary G. Kyle, VP of marketing and national sales, said that the nationwide search to find "that special someone" for Kirbee starts today [Thursday] and kids between the ages of six and 12 are being encouraged to base the new mascot around the company's most popular snack cake, the Kandy Kake.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever