USA: Tasty Baking closes 12 stores, top execs leave
US baked goods manufacturer Tasty Baking has closed its 12 stores after only two years of operation. The 88-year-old manufacturer of cakes, pies and cookies opened the 12 stores back in September 2000 to generate revenue from the sale of older snacks at discounted prices. The company said the stores were closed because the projected costs of maintaining them through 2003 greatly exceeded projected revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action