USA: Tasty Baking closes 12 stores, top execs leave
US baked goods manufacturer Tasty Baking has closed its 12 stores after only two years of operation. The 88-year-old manufacturer of cakes, pies and cookies opened the 12 stores back in September 2000 to generate revenue from the sale of older snacks at discounted prices. The company said the stores were closed because the projected costs of maintaining them through 2003 greatly exceeded projected revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega