USA: Tasty Baking Company reports record first quarter sales
Results Include Compensation Charge Relating to 1999 Stock Bonus Plan Tasty Baking Company (NYSE:TBC) today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2001. For the first quarter, gross sales were a record $65,655,000, compared with $61,148,000 in the first quarter last year, an increase of 7.4%. Gross sales, less discounts and allowances, resulted in net sales of $42,394,000, compared with $40,343,000 reported for the same period last year, an increase of 5.1%. Net income for the thirteen weeks was $2,119,000 or $0.26 per diluted share compared to $2,023,000 or $0.26 per diluted share, during the comparable period in 2000. The number of diluted shares outstanding for the current quarter was 8,022,865 compared with 7,823,210 for the first quarter of last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever