USA: Tasty Baking Company reports record first quarter sales
Results Include Compensation Charge Relating to 1999 Stock Bonus Plan Tasty Baking Company (NYSE:TBC) today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2001. For the first quarter, gross sales were a record $65,655,000, compared with $61,148,000 in the first quarter last year, an increase of 7.4%. Gross sales, less discounts and allowances, resulted in net sales of $42,394,000, compared with $40,343,000 reported for the same period last year, an increase of 5.1%. Net income for the thirteen weeks was $2,119,000 or $0.26 per diluted share compared to $2,023,000 or $0.26 per diluted share, during the comparable period in 2000. The number of diluted shares outstanding for the current quarter was 8,022,865 compared with 7,823,210 for the first quarter of last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK