USA: Tasty Baking Company reports record second quarter sales
Tasty Baking Company (NYSE:TBC), today announced financial results for the second quarter and twenty-six weeks ended June 30, 2001. For the second quarter, gross sales were $66.5 million compared with $62.9 million last year, an increase of 5.8%. Gross sales, less discounts and allowances, resulted in net sales of $43.0 million compared with $41.7 million reported last year, an increase of 3.1%. Net income for the thirteen weeks was $2.5 million compared with $2.2 million reported last year, an increase of 12.3%. Net income per diluted share was $0.31 compared with $0.28 reported last year, an increase of 10.7%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations