USA: Tasty Baking Company reports third quarter results
Tasty Baking Company (NYSE:TBC) today announced financial results for the third quarter and thirty-nine weeks ended September 29, 2001. For the third quarter, gross sales were $62.5 million, compared with $60.6 million last year, an increase of 3.2%. Gross sales, less discounts and allowances, resulted in net sales of $40.3 million, compared with $39.9 million reported last year, an increase of 1.2%. Net income for the third quarter decreased 25% to $1.1 million, compared with $1.4 million reported last year. Net income per diluted share decreased to $0.13 compared with $0.18 per diluted share reported during the prior year's third quarter. These results were in line with the anticipated results that the Company announced on October 19, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action