USA: Tasty Baking Company reports third quarter results
Tasty Baking Company (NYSE:TBC) today announced financial results for the third quarter and thirty-nine weeks ended September 29, 2001. For the third quarter, gross sales were $62.5 million, compared with $60.6 million last year, an increase of 3.2%. Gross sales, less discounts and allowances, resulted in net sales of $40.3 million, compared with $39.9 million reported last year, an increase of 1.2%. Net income for the third quarter decreased 25% to $1.1 million, compared with $1.4 million reported last year. Net income per diluted share decreased to $0.13 compared with $0.18 per diluted share reported during the prior year's third quarter. These results were in line with the anticipated results that the Company announced on October 19, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods