USA: Tasty Baking Company reports third quarter results
Tasty Baking Company (NYSE:TBC) today announced financial results for the third quarter and thirty-nine weeks ended September 29, 2001. For the third quarter, gross sales were $62.5 million, compared with $60.6 million last year, an increase of 3.2%. Gross sales, less discounts and allowances, resulted in net sales of $40.3 million, compared with $39.9 million reported last year, an increase of 1.2%. Net income for the third quarter decreased 25% to $1.1 million, compared with $1.4 million reported last year. Net income per diluted share decreased to $0.13 compared with $0.18 per diluted share reported during the prior year's third quarter. These results were in line with the anticipated results that the Company announced on October 19, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning