USA: Tasty Baking Company sees Q2 gross sales drop 14%
Philadelphia-based Tasty Baking Company (TBC), one of the largest independent baking companies in the US, has posted gross sales of US$65.6m for its Q2 ended 29 June 2002, down 14% compared with last year's US$66.5m. Q2 net sales fell 2.6% to US$42.1m, from US$43.2m year on year. Net income for the 13 weeks was $879,000, compared with $2.5 million for the same period last year, while net income per diluted share was US$0.11, compared with US$0.31 per diluted share during the comparable period in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea