USA: Tasty Baking reports fall in Q2 profit
US cake maker Tasty Baking has posted lower quarterly profit on lower sales and margins.
Philadelphia-based Tasty Baking, which makes Tastykake snack cakes, reported second-quarter profit of US$0.39m, or 5 cents a share, compared to $0.87m, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier.
The company said sales fell to $40.2m from $42.1m in the year-ago period, reported Reuters.
Food, Japan is now realising, is a great way to gain goodwill. Cars, hi-fis, toys and gee-whiz technology may have helped create the world's second largest economy in the way of exports but now the co...
US doughnut maker and retailer Krispy Kreme has provided further details on the bankruptcy of its Philadelphia franchisee Freedom Rings....
US doughnut maker and retailer Krispy Kreme has announced that Freedom Rings, its majority-owned subsidiary and franchisee partner in the Philadelphia region, has filed a voluntary petition for Chapte...
US regional supermarket chain Pathmark Stores has reported a net loss of US$5.1m, or 12 cents per share, for the second quarter to 30 July, compared to a net loss of $1.6m, or 5 cents per share, in th...
Scientists in the US say they have discovered one reason why olive oil appears to be beneficial to heart health - it contains a natural anti-inflammatory....
Kraft Foods has announced the launch of Philadelphia Splendips snacks, which, it says, have been developed to provide consumers with a tasty all-in-one dipping snack that's just a little bit more virt...
Natural and organic food retailer Whole Foods Market has announced the start in September of "Whole Baby," an informative program for expectant mothers....
Pasta maker American Italian Pasta Company has announced that it is delaying the release of its full financial results for the third fiscal quarter ended 1 July 2005, while it carries out an internal ...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses