USA: Tasty Baking reports wider Q3 net loss
US snack cake maker Tasty Baking has reported a net loss of US$1.4m, or 18 cents a share, for the third quarter to 27 September, compared to a net loss of $0.4m, or 5 cents a share, a year earlier. Gross sales were down 4% to $60.8m, while net sales declined 3% to $38.9m. The Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based company said increased marketing spending and expansion of the direct store delivery system into the Cleveland and Pittsburgh markets resulted in incremental pre-tax expense of $2m compared to the third quarter of the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs