USA: Tasty Baking reports wider Q3 net loss
US snack cake maker Tasty Baking has reported a net loss of US$1.4m, or 18 cents a share, for the third quarter to 27 September, compared to a net loss of $0.4m, or 5 cents a share, a year earlier. Gross sales were down 4% to $60.8m, while net sales declined 3% to $38.9m. The Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based company said increased marketing spending and expansion of the direct store delivery system into the Cleveland and Pittsburgh markets resulted in incremental pre-tax expense of $2m compared to the third quarter of the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin