USA: Tasty Baking reports wider Q3 net loss
US snack cake maker Tasty Baking has reported a net loss of US$1.4m, or 18 cents a share, for the third quarter to 27 September, compared to a net loss of $0.4m, or 5 cents a share, a year earlier. Gross sales were down 4% to $60.8m, while net sales declined 3% to $38.9m. The Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based company said increased marketing spending and expansion of the direct store delivery system into the Cleveland and Pittsburgh markets resulted in incremental pre-tax expense of $2m compared to the third quarter of the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery