USA: Tasty Baking reports wider Q3 net loss
US snack cake maker Tasty Baking has reported a net loss of US$1.4m, or 18 cents a share, for the third quarter to 27 September, compared to a net loss of $0.4m, or 5 cents a share, a year earlier. Gross sales were down 4% to $60.8m, while net sales declined 3% to $38.9m. The Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based company said increased marketing spending and expansion of the direct store delivery system into the Cleveland and Pittsburgh markets resulted in incremental pre-tax expense of $2m compared to the third quarter of the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review