INDIA: Tata Coffee buys 34% stake in Barista for US$5.5m
After much speculation, Tata Coffee , a coffee subsidiary of Indian tea conglomerate Tata Tea , has announced it will acquire a 34.3% stake in dynamic young coffee bar chain Barista . Barista has impressed industry onlookers with its rapid growth since it launched last year, and plans to operate 75 bars by December this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre