INDIA: Tata Coffee buys 34% stake in Barista for US$5.5m
After much speculation, Tata Coffee , a coffee subsidiary of Indian tea conglomerate Tata Tea , has announced it will acquire a 34.3% stake in dynamic young coffee bar chain Barista . Barista has impressed industry onlookers with its rapid growth since it launched last year, and plans to operate 75 bars by December this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses