INDIA: Tata Coffee eyeing further acquisitions, Unilever's Brooke Bond in its sights?
Tata Coffee , the coffee arm of Indian conglomerate Tata Tea , is mulling the acquisition of a national coffee brand, managing director M. H. Ashraff announced. Tata Coffee recently bought a 34.3% stake in the Barista coffee bar chain for Rs26 crore (US$5.5m) and is keen to expand nationally and then even internationally. To kick-start a large-scale expansion, the company is planning to increase its production capacity. It currently has more than 7,000 hectares under coffee and recently acquired a large coffee plantation in Coorg for Rs32 crore, reported India's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin