INDIA: Tata Coffee eyeing further acquisitions, Unilever's Brooke Bond in its sights?
Tata Coffee , the coffee arm of Indian conglomerate Tata Tea , is mulling the acquisition of a national coffee brand, managing director M. H. Ashraff announced. Tata Coffee recently bought a 34.3% stake in the Barista coffee bar chain for Rs26 crore (US$5.5m) and is keen to expand nationally and then even internationally. To kick-start a large-scale expansion, the company is planning to increase its production capacity. It currently has more than 7,000 hectares under coffee and recently acquired a large coffee plantation in Coorg for Rs32 crore, reported India's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report