INDIA: Tata Coffee eyeing further acquisitions, Unilever's Brooke Bond in its sights?
Tata Coffee , the coffee arm of Indian conglomerate Tata Tea , is mulling the acquisition of a national coffee brand, managing director M. H. Ashraff announced. Tata Coffee recently bought a 34.3% stake in the Barista coffee bar chain for Rs26 crore (US$5.5m) and is keen to expand nationally and then even internationally. To kick-start a large-scale expansion, the company is planning to increase its production capacity. It currently has more than 7,000 hectares under coffee and recently acquired a large coffee plantation in Coorg for Rs32 crore, reported India's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre