UK: Tate & Lyle PLC - Agreement to sell share in Zambia Sugar Plc
Tate & Lyle PLC announced today that it has agreed, subject to the completion of satisfactory due diligence and approval by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Zambia and the Zambia Competition Commission, to sell its 50.87% share in Zambia Sugar Plc for US$11.4 million (£7.9 million) to Illovo Sugar Limited ("Illovo"). The sale proceeds will be used to pay down Group debt.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill