UK: Tate & Lyle PLC - Agreement to sell share in Zambia Sugar Plc
Tate & Lyle PLC announced today that it has agreed, subject to the completion of satisfactory due diligence and approval by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Zambia and the Zambia Competition Commission, to sell its 50.87% share in Zambia Sugar Plc for US$11.4 million (£7.9 million) to Illovo Sugar Limited ("Illovo"). The sale proceeds will be used to pay down Group debt.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth