UK: Tate & Lyle sells United Farmers and Industry Co Ltd, UFIC
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tate & Lyle, a global leader in carbohydrate ingredients, today announced the sale of its 20.38% stake in United Farmers and Industry Co Ltd ("UFIC") to a subsidiary of the majority shareholder, the Mitr Phol Sugar Corporation. UFIC comprises two sugar factories and ancillary businesses in Thailand. Tate & Lyle was a founding investor in this business and a shareholder since 1983.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Hershey steps up work on calories