USA: Tate & Lyle traces sucralose sold in Wal-Mart to own plant
Sugar and sweetener company Tate and Lyle has traced the source of sucralose sold in Wal-Mart under a rival brand name to its own manufacturing plant in Alabama, according to the Financial Times.
It is now investigating which of its customers had supplied Wal-Mart with the sweetener and said it would have "no hesitation," in stopping supplying them.
The product appeared on Wal-Mart shelves last month under the name Altern, the paper said. Tate said it had been in touch with Wal-Mart which had withdrawn Altern.
Tate insisted it had strong patents protecting its production processes and technology and that it would enforce them rigorously.
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
US retail titan Wal-Mart has reported record sales and earnings for the first quarter but said its results were lower than expected due to higher petrol prices and bad weather....
Wal-Mart Germany has cut prices of more than a thousand articles in its stores, some of them by over 20%....
UK sugar and sweeteners company Tate & Lyle has signed a North American licensing agreement with Alleggra Foods Limited, producer of a full function soy based egg alternative....
Not content with pocketing one in every three pounds spent on groceries in the UK, the supermarket giant Tesco has now become the first British retailer to smash the £2 bn ($3.78bn) profit barrier. Ho...
US retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc, says it will open two outlets in Beijing this year, and at least one more store next year, according to an Asia Pulse report....
Overall US produce sales are soaring, but supermarkets are still losing market share to Wal-Mart, according to government figures....
UK supermarket Sainsbury grew faster than Wal-Mart's Asda in the twelve weeks to 27 March 2005, the first time that has happened for ten years, according to figures from market researchers TNS....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review