UK: "Technical issues" hit Weetabix production
Weetabix has been forced to cut production of its Weetabix Minis and Oatibix bitesize ranges, a spokesperson for the group confirmed.
"We can confirm that unfortunately due to technical issues we have been unable to make Weetabix Minis and Oatibix Bitesize to our exacting standards and have taken the decision to stop production to resolve the issues," the spokesperson said.
The production stoppage has resulted in a shortage of supplies to retailers, the spokesperson told just-food.
However, the company downplayed the impact the problem would have on the business.
"This is a temporary reduction in production and we are working hard to restore the production capacity so our consumers can once again enjoy the products at their best quality. The Weetabix Minis and Oatibix bitesize range are made in a unique factory and no other products made by The Weetabix Food Company are affected," the spokesperson concluded.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report