USA/NEW ZEALAND: Tenderland gets patent for non-tender treatment of meat
Tenderland got US patent 6194012 27 Feb for its "Treatment of meat." Competitors include Seawell North America and Packaging Systems . Abstract: A method of storing and aging a meat which comprises the steps of containing meat in a controllable environment under a mechanical compression, substantially separating a majority of a surface of the meat from direct contact with a gas present in the controllable environment, controlling the gas in the controllable environment by reducing free oxygen gas in the controllable environment and controlling gas pressure in the controllable environment while protecting a majority of the surface of the meat from the effects of a pressure variation, and holding the meat under the controllable environment for a period of time within a predetermined temperature range; provided that the meat is held under the mechanical compression during the controlling of the gas in the controllable environment for storing and aging meat.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund