USA/NEW ZEALAND: Tenderland gets patent for non-tender treatment of meat
Tenderland got US patent 6194012 27 Feb for its "Treatment of meat." Competitors include Seawell North America and Packaging Systems . Abstract: A method of storing and aging a meat which comprises the steps of containing meat in a controllable environment under a mechanical compression, substantially separating a majority of a surface of the meat from direct contact with a gas present in the controllable environment, controlling the gas in the controllable environment by reducing free oxygen gas in the controllable environment and controlling gas pressure in the controllable environment while protecting a majority of the surface of the meat from the effects of a pressure variation, and holding the meat under the controllable environment for a period of time within a predetermined temperature range; provided that the meat is held under the mechanical compression during the controlling of the gas in the controllable environment for storing and aging meat.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO