HUNGARY: Tengelmann to sell Hungarian supermarket chain - report
German grocery retailer Tengelmann is reported to be negotiating the sale of its Kaiser's supermarket network in Hungary. The network of 22 supermarkets is operated by Tengelmann subsidiary Plus Elelmiszer Diszkont. One of the potential buyers is Hungarian food retailer Tesco-Global, a unit of UK supermarket company Tesco, reported the Hungarian News Digest, adding that Tesco had declined to comment on the speculation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever