AUSTRIA: Tengelmann's Zielpunkt aims for third place in Austrian food retail market
Austrian food retail chain Zielpunkt, a unit of German retailer Tengelmann, has targeted the position of third-largest food chain in Austria after Rewe and Spar. Zielpunkt is currently fifth in Austria in terms of market share, with 6.2%. By the end of 2003, the company plans to open 30 new outlets, bringing its total number of outlets to 315, with a view to expanding to 450 outlets in the medium term.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales