FRANCE: Terrena forms single beef unit
Terrena, France's biggest food co-operative, has announced that it is grouping its beef processing subsidiaries, Soviba and Scabev, under the same name - Elivia.
While on the legal front, Soviba and Scabev will remain distinct entities, the management of the two firms will be remodeled, with the creation of a single commercial department and the pooling of administrative functions.
The changes, scheduled to take effect during the first quarter of 2010, will have no impact on the group's activities or on staffing levels, Terrena says.
With a turnover of EUR770m (US$1.13bn) and employing 2,000 staff, Elivia will be the second-ranked player in the sector in France, behind Bigard/Socopa, Terrena adds.
Sectors: Meat & poultry
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea