FRANCE: Terrena forms single beef unit
Terrena, France's biggest food co-operative, has announced that it is grouping its beef processing subsidiaries, Soviba and Scabev, under the same name - Elivia.
While on the legal front, Soviba and Scabev will remain distinct entities, the management of the two firms will be remodeled, with the creation of a single commercial department and the pooling of administrative functions.
The changes, scheduled to take effect during the first quarter of 2010, will have no impact on the group's activities or on staffing levels, Terrena says.
With a turnover of EUR770m (US$1.13bn) and employing 2,000 staff, Elivia will be the second-ranked player in the sector in France, behind Bigard/Socopa, Terrena adds.
Sectors: Meat & poultry
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review