POLAND/UK: Tesco acquires HIT hypermarkets in Poland
UK retailer Tesco has announced its acquisition of HIT, Poland's largest food retailer. The deal includes 13 existing hypermarkets and two currently under construction. These will complement the 47 stores Tesco already operates in Poland, which generate some £390m (US$592m). HIT generated sales of £337m last year from 13 hypermarkets and has net assets of £17m. However, it also has debts of £83m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units