POLAND/UK: Tesco acquires HIT hypermarkets in Poland
UK retailer Tesco has announced its acquisition of HIT, Poland's largest food retailer. The deal includes 13 existing hypermarkets and two currently under construction. These will complement the 47 stores Tesco already operates in Poland, which generate some £390m (US$592m). HIT generated sales of £337m last year from 13 hypermarkets and has net assets of £17m. However, it also has debts of £83m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods