POLAND/UK: Tesco acquires HIT hypermarkets in Poland
UK retailer Tesco has announced its acquisition of HIT, Poland's largest food retailer. The deal includes 13 existing hypermarkets and two currently under construction. These will complement the 47 stores Tesco already operates in Poland, which generate some £390m (US$592m). HIT generated sales of £337m last year from 13 hypermarkets and has net assets of £17m. However, it also has debts of £83m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail