Food industry news of the week: Tesco and suppliers, General Mills closures
Tesco this week claimed it wanted to "regenerate" its relationship with suppliers, with a strategy that looks set to cut the number of SKUs on sale in stores. Meanwhile, speculation emerged Brazilian private-equity firm and Heinz co-owner 3G Capital is looking at further acquisitions in the food industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife