UK: Tesco, Asda increase UK market share at the expense of Sainsbury's, Safeway
UK supermarket operator Tesco strengthened its dominance of the British supermarket sector in the latest quarter, according to sales data released by industry researcher Taylor Nelson Sofres. The data showed Tesco's market share of the grocery sector increased to 26.4% in the 12 weeks to 30 March, up from 25.5% a year earlier, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund