UK: Tesco bucks trend and announces better than expected sales growth
Tesco Plc announced better than expected sales growth over the Christmas period, beating its UK rivals. Britain's biggest supermarket group said UK like-for-like sales in stores open more than a year were up 6.9% over the seven weeks ending January 6, beating analysts' expectations of around 4-5%. Total UK sales for the seven weeks, covering Christmas and the New Year, were up 10.5%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods