UK: Tesco buys 25% stake in Greenergy Fuels for £1.9m
The UK’s largest supermarket chain, Tesco, has bought a 25% stake in Greenergy Fuels, a wholly owned subsidiary of Greenergy International, an independent environmentally focused fuel supplier.
Under the terms of the £1.9m (US$3.1m) deal, Tesco will extend its current supply agreement with Greenergy Fuels. Their arrangement is not exclusive and Greenergy will continue to supply other clients, including Tesco rival Sainsbury’s.
As the popularity of strict low-carbohydrate diets appears to be in decline, a more moderate alternative has been building in the consumer consciousness. Already popular in Australia, the Glycemic Ind...
Tesco has increased its lead in the UK grocery market, while Sainsbry has also managed to improve its market share, according to the latest figures from market researchers TNS....
Supermarket company Tesco is giving its staff a £220m (US$405m) bonus, thought to be the biggest ever reward handout from a British company, according to the London Evening Standard newspaper....
Supermarket Tesco further increased its lead in the UK grocery market in the twelve weeks to 24 April 2005, according to market analysts TNS. Sainsbury managed a small rise, while Wal-Mart's Asda and ...
Any move from Asda will be an important catalyst in the race to land Somerfield. The Wal-Mart owned group could well see its acquisition target as an important route into the ever-expanding convenienc...
Supermarket chain Tesco has announced a new food labelling system, with 'nutritional signposts,' which it says will make it easier for shoppers to make healthier choices....
Locally owned food retailer CBA is Hungary's biggest supermarket, according to the Budapest Business Journal, which cited statistics compiled by AC Nielsen for trade journal Mai Piac....
Not content with pocketing one in every three pounds spent on groceries in the UK, the supermarket giant Tesco has now become the first British retailer to smash the £2 bn ($3.78bn) profit barrier. Ho...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image