UK: Tesco buys T&S for £377m
UK supermarket retailer Tesco has announced that it has made a deal for a £377m (US$586.7m) all-share purchase of UK corner shop group T&S Stores. In addition, Tesco will also take on T&S' net debt which stood at £153m on 24 August 2002. Tesco is looking to expand its network of Tesco Express stores, adding to the 100 plus it already operates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance