UK: Tesco comes out top in Internet shopping poll
A new survey has estimated the worldwide online grocery market at £3.5bn. According to market research specialist, Datamonitor , the sector is set to become the biggest business-to-consumer sector. The report shows that the penetration of online sales into the overall grocery market remains small. In Britain, Internet grocery shopping accounts for just 0.4% of the market for food. In the US the rate is 0.33%, and in Germany and Italy it is 0.1% and 0.02% respectively. But web food shopping is forecast to grow rapidly. The Netherlands has the most developed market, but France is expected to have the highest growth rate in the next few months as national outlets like
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail