UK: Tesco comes out top in Internet shopping poll
A new survey has estimated the worldwide online grocery market at £3.5bn. According to market research specialist, Datamonitor , the sector is set to become the biggest business-to-consumer sector. The report shows that the penetration of online sales into the overall grocery market remains small. In Britain, Internet grocery shopping accounts for just 0.4% of the market for food. In the US the rate is 0.33%, and in Germany and Italy it is 0.1% and 0.02% respectively. But web food shopping is forecast to grow rapidly. The Netherlands has the most developed market, but France is expected to have the highest growth rate in the next few months as national outlets like
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review