UK: Tesco comes out top in Internet shopping poll
A new survey has estimated the worldwide online grocery market at £3.5bn. According to market research specialist, Datamonitor , the sector is set to become the biggest business-to-consumer sector. The report shows that the penetration of online sales into the overall grocery market remains small. In Britain, Internet grocery shopping accounts for just 0.4% of the market for food. In the US the rate is 0.33%, and in Germany and Italy it is 0.1% and 0.02% respectively. But web food shopping is forecast to grow rapidly. The Netherlands has the most developed market, but France is expected to have the highest growth rate in the next few months as national outlets like
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning