THAILAND: Tesco committed to expansion, faces potential government restrictions
David Reid, deputy chairman of UK-based Tesco , revealed yesterday that the supermarket giant is committed to further business expansion in Thailand, and that new investment will be split equally between Bangkok and the rural provinces The Thai arm of the company, Tesco Lotus , currently controls 32 outlets across the country, and has plans to invest 4bn baht next year alone, to open a further six or seven new branches. The chain has announced a new programme with the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods