ASIA: Tesco, Dairy Farm "table second bids for Carrefour assets"
Carrefour has reportedly tabled second round bids for its Southeast Asian assets
Carrefour set a 5 November deadline for second-round bids in an auction for stores in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The auction is expected to raise US$1bn, according to Reuters reports.
According to the reports, Dairy Farm is only interested in the Malaysian and Singapore assets, while Tesco is pursuing most of the assets up for sale.
The auction is allegedly being run in two separate processes, one for the Thai assets and the other for the Malaysian and Singapore assets.
Japanese retailer Aeon and Malaysian private-equity fund Navis Capital are reportedly in the running to buy the Malaysian and Singapore assets.
Other bidders reportedly include Thai retailers Big C, which French retailer Casino part owns and Central Group, as well as Thai FMCG firm Berli Jucker Pcl.
Tomorrow (19 April), Tesco chief executive Philip Clarke will sit down with analysts and - later - the media to discuss the retailer's financial performance over the last 12 months....
This week has been marked by some high profile acquisition plays with ConAgra Foods making its desire to acquire Ralcorp Holdings known and DuPont making its final offer for Danisco. Meanwhile, the UK...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Baby Nutrition Insights - Issue 27