ASIA: Tesco, Dairy Farm "table second bids for Carrefour assets"
Carrefour has reportedly tabled second round bids for its Southeast Asian assets
Carrefour set a 5 November deadline for second-round bids in an auction for stores in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The auction is expected to raise US$1bn, according to Reuters reports.
According to the reports, Dairy Farm is only interested in the Malaysian and Singapore assets, while Tesco is pursuing most of the assets up for sale.
The auction is allegedly being run in two separate processes, one for the Thai assets and the other for the Malaysian and Singapore assets.
Japanese retailer Aeon and Malaysian private-equity fund Navis Capital are reportedly in the running to buy the Malaysian and Singapore assets.
Other bidders reportedly include Thai retailers Big C, which French retailer Casino part owns and Central Group, as well as Thai FMCG firm Berli Jucker Pcl.
Tomorrow (19 April), Tesco chief executive Philip Clarke will sit down with analysts and - later - the media to discuss the retailer's financial performance over the last 12 months....
This week has been marked by some high profile acquisition plays with ConAgra Foods making its desire to acquire Ralcorp Holdings known and DuPont making its final offer for Danisco. Meanwhile, the UK...
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report