ASIA: Tesco, Dairy Farm "table second bids for Carrefour assets"
Carrefour has reportedly tabled second round bids for its Southeast Asian assets
Carrefour set a 5 November deadline for second-round bids in an auction for stores in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The auction is expected to raise US$1bn, according to Reuters reports.
According to the reports, Dairy Farm is only interested in the Malaysian and Singapore assets, while Tesco is pursuing most of the assets up for sale.
The auction is allegedly being run in two separate processes, one for the Thai assets and the other for the Malaysian and Singapore assets.
Japanese retailer Aeon and Malaysian private-equity fund Navis Capital are reportedly in the running to buy the Malaysian and Singapore assets.
Other bidders reportedly include Thai retailers Big C, which French retailer Casino part owns and Central Group, as well as Thai FMCG firm Berli Jucker Pcl.
Tomorrow (19 April), Tesco chief executive Philip Clarke will sit down with analysts and - later - the media to discuss the retailer's financial performance over the last 12 months....
This week has been marked by some high profile acquisition plays with ConAgra Foods making its desire to acquire Ralcorp Holdings known and DuPont making its final offer for Danisco. Meanwhile, the UK...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report