UK: Tesco delivers strong group sales, beating sector rivals
Attention in the UK retail sector may be trained elsewhere at the moment, but sector leader Tesco has reported group sales up by 11.1% in the seven weeks ended 4 January. UK sales rose 8%, while international sales climbed 24.9% in line with forecasts. The group is on target to generate earnings before interest and tax of £140-160m (US$147.6-168.7m) from its international operations in the current financial year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival