UK: Tesco delivers strong group sales, beating sector rivals
Attention in the UK retail sector may be trained elsewhere at the moment, but sector leader Tesco has reported group sales up by 11.1% in the seven weeks ended 4 January. UK sales rose 8%, while international sales climbed 24.9% in line with forecasts. The group is on target to generate earnings before interest and tax of £140-160m (US$147.6-168.7m) from its international operations in the current financial year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti