UK: Tesco delivers strong group sales, beating sector rivals
Attention in the UK retail sector may be trained elsewhere at the moment, but sector leader Tesco has reported group sales up by 11.1% in the seven weeks ended 4 January. UK sales rose 8%, while international sales climbed 24.9% in line with forecasts. The group is on target to generate earnings before interest and tax of £140-160m (US$147.6-168.7m) from its international operations in the current financial year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK