HUNGARY: Tesco elicits criticism from sector rival across the border in Austria
A retail strategy involving longer opening hours and lower prices is expected to boost sales in the Western Hungarian outlets of British giant Tesco . The move has elicited criticism from the Austrian supermarket chain Billa , however, because of fears that Austrian consumers will cross the border to shop in Tesco.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO