UK: Tesco enters mobile phone market
UK supermarket giant Tesco has announced the creation of a 50/50 joint venture with mobile phone company mmO2 to sell Tesco branded mobile phones using mmO2's technology and network.
Tesco said the joint venture, called Tesco Mobile, will launch in time for Christmas and aims to win around two million customer within its first five years.
Tesco's chief executive Terry Leahy said the venture was part of the group's strategy of branching out into new retail services such as Tesco Personal Finance and Tesco.com.
Tesco and mmO2 will each invest £8m (US$13.1m) in the venture over two years.
As the popularity of strict low-carbohydrate diets appears to be in decline, a more moderate alternative has been building in the consumer consciousness. Already popular in Australia, the Glycemic Ind...
Tesco has increased its lead in the UK grocery market, while Sainsbry has also managed to improve its market share, according to the latest figures from market researchers TNS....
Supermarket company Tesco is giving its staff a £220m (US$405m) bonus, thought to be the biggest ever reward handout from a British company, according to the London Evening Standard newspaper....
Supermarket Tesco further increased its lead in the UK grocery market in the twelve weeks to 24 April 2005, according to market analysts TNS. Sainsbury managed a small rise, while Wal-Mart's Asda and ...
Any move from Asda will be an important catalyst in the race to land Somerfield. The Wal-Mart owned group could well see its acquisition target as an important route into the ever-expanding convenienc...
Supermarket chain Tesco has announced a new food labelling system, with 'nutritional signposts,' which it says will make it easier for shoppers to make healthier choices....
Locally owned food retailer CBA is Hungary's biggest supermarket, according to the Budapest Business Journal, which cited statistics compiled by AC Nielsen for trade journal Mai Piac....
Not content with pocketing one in every three pounds spent on groceries in the UK, the supermarket giant Tesco has now become the first British retailer to smash the £2 bn ($3.78bn) profit barrier. Ho...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report