US: Tesco expands eatwell range at Fresh & Easy
New products joining the range include a soy ginger salmon steamer, rainbow potatoes, Guacamame dip and Kale caesar salad, said Fresh & Easy this week. The eatwell range is designed for customers seeking more affordable, nutritious options.
“We’re trying to make it easier and more affordable for our customers to keep their New Year’s resolutions to eat healthier without compromising on taste or quality,” said the chain's chief customer officer, John Bury.
The range expansion comes as the unit's parent firm, UK-based Tesco, considers selling up after a difficult foray into the US market; the home of one of its chief global rivals, Wal-Mart.
When questioned by reporters last year on what has gone wrong with the Fresh & Easy venture, Tesco's CEO, Philip Clarke, said: "My task is not to re-test the theory of entry but to test whether the time is right to exit."
Fresh & Easy Introduces New Eatwell Products
Over 20 new nutritious meals, soups and side dishes now available in stores
EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--()--Aiming to help customers get off to a healthy start in the New Year, Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market has expanded its offering of popular eatwell products. With over 20 new selections, the affordably priced meals and side dishes take the guess work out of healthy eating by containing no more than 25 percent of the total daily values for calories, fat, saturated fat and sodium (based on a 2,000 calorie diet).
“This time of year everyone’s focused on keeping resolutions and eating better, which is why we’ve just introduced more nutritious eatwell products”
New fresh&easy eatwell products in stores now include:
Fresh Fish Steamers: $5.99
- Salmon Alfredo Steamer
- Soy Ginger Salmon Steamer
- Baja-style Fish Steamer
Fresh Sides: $3.99 - $4.99
- Green Beans Almondine
- Rainbow Potatoes
- Cracked Black Pepper Potato Wedges
- Innocent Carrots w/Honey
- Kale & Edamame Sauté
- Guacamame Dip
Super Soups: $2.99
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper
- Mighty Green Vegetables
- Carrot & Orange
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Kale Bistro Salad
- Quinoa, Spinach & Mixed Berry Salad
- Mango, Edamame, Tomato & Kale Bistro Salad
Fresh Lunch/Dinner Entrees: $4.49 - $4.99
- Chicken Caprese
- Sicilian-style Chicken
- Moroccan-style Chicken
- Home-style Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Turkey
- Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli
- Thai-style Red Curry Shrimp
“This time of year everyone’s focused on keeping resolutions and eating better, which is why we’ve just introduced more nutritious eatwell products,” said John Burry, Fresh & Easy’s Chief Customer Officer. “We’re trying to make it easier and more affordable for our customers to keep their New Year’s resolutions to eat healthier without compromising on taste or quality.”
Fresh & Easy introduced eatwell for customers seeking more affordable, nutritious options. Designed for a nutritionally balanced approach to eating without compromising on taste or quality, all eatwell products carry front-of-pack nutritional labels to simply communicate the calories, saturated fat, sodium and sugar to customers. Like all fresh&easy brand products, eatwell contains no artificial colors or flavors, no high-fructose corn syrup, no added trans fats and only uses preservatives when absolutely necessary.
About Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market
Fresh & Easy operates 200 stores in Arizona, California and Nevada. All of Fresh & Easy's products, including the freshly prepared meals, are made with the highest quality ingredients and contain no artificial colors, flavors, high-fructose corn syrup or added trans fats. Fresh & Easy also offers fresh baked goods, meats and produce, as well as favorite national brand products and household items, all at great low prices.
For more information about Fresh & Easy, visit www.freshandeasy.com. To learn more about Fresh & Easy’s new product development team go to http://youtu.be/4qQrFoTsu3E. Also follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/freshandeasy and become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/freshandeasy.
Original source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130108006831/en/Fresh-Easy-Introduces-Eatwell-Products
UK cooked and frozen meat products manufacturer Snowbird Foods is to be sold in a management buy-out....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review