UK: Tesco expands into holiday business, grows in Thailand
UK retail market leader Tesco has acquired the travel company First Call Leisure. The supermarket has renamed the business Tesco Freetime. It already used the company to sell package holidays through its Club Card customer loyalty scheme. This is just the latest non-grocery move by the retailer, which recently revealed it would offer instore legal services.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega