HUNGARY: Tesco facing fine for misleading consumers in advertising campaign
Tesco Global Stores is facing an usually high HUF 10m fine for an advertising campaign that has been deemed to mislead consumers over its rival, Auchan . The campaign compared baskets of goods from Tesco and their equivalents at hypermarket chain Auchan, and calculated that the goods would cost less at Tesco. According to the Office of Economic Competition (GVH), which levied the fine, Tesco would not have been likely to provide accurate price information and therefore conspired to mislead consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth