HUNGARY: Tesco facing fine for misleading consumers in advertising campaign
Tesco Global Stores is facing an usually high HUF 10m fine for an advertising campaign that has been deemed to mislead consumers over its rival, Auchan . The campaign compared baskets of goods from Tesco and their equivalents at hypermarket chain Auchan, and calculated that the goods would cost less at Tesco. According to the Office of Economic Competition (GVH), which levied the fine, Tesco would not have been likely to provide accurate price information and therefore conspired to mislead consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery