UK: Tesco gets okay for Kwik Save store buys
The UK's competition watchdog has cleared Tesco's acquisition of five former Kwik Save outlets.
The Office of Fair Trading has given the green light to Tesco taking on the outlets in Handforth, Coventry, Liverpool, Barrow-in-Furness and Nelson.
Kwik Save, the discount operator, went into administration this summer amid plummeting sales.
Last week, Tesco won OFT approval for the acquisition of five stores from fellow UK grocer Somerfield.
Morrisons chief executive Marc Bolland has admitted the company will consider snapping up any unwanted Somerfield stores should The Co-operative Group buy the UK convenience retailer....
Tesco has fought back against claims that its US staff do not enjoy the same employment rights as those in the UK....
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, today (5 June) reported "industry-leading" sales figures during its fiscal first quarter....
Tesco has indicated that the company's future growth will be driven by international expansion....
Tesco has remained tight-lipped on rumours that it is in talks with several Indian partners with a view to entering the market....
The Co-operative Group is believed to be considering selling some of the Somerfield stores it will acquire if its bid for the company proves successful....
Following criticism from celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Tesco has defended its decision to sell factory farmed chicken....
Aimia Foods is preparing to launch a Milky Way branded milkshake, produced under licence, on to the UK market....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti