UK: Tesco identifies 1000 sites for Express format stores
Leading UK supermarket operator Tesco has identified 1000 potential sites for its convenience store format, Tesco Express. Dow Jones reports Tesco Finance Director Andrew Higginson as saying that leading Express stores generate sales worth as much as £100,000 every week. There are currently 95 Express stores, all situated on petrol forecourts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs