TURKEY: Tesco in talks to acquire Uyum Gida
Tesco in talks over Uyum Gida stake
UK retailer Tesco has entered into talks to acquire a majority stake in Turkish retailer Uyum Gida.
A spokesperson for Tesco told just-food: "We are in initial talks with the majority shareholders of UG about acquiring their shares. This may or may not lead to an agreement."
The negotiations are being conducted through Tesco's local subsidiary Tesco Kipa. Tesco has 181 stores in 24 Turkish cities including Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir.
Uyum Gida operates 55 stores in Turkey, the majority of which are located around Istanbul.
Retailers in Europe are looking again at the in-store experience for shoppers, refurbishing outlets and using technology, writes IRI's Laura Volpini....
The GM debate has re-emerged in the UK in the last couple of weeks with the news four major supermarket operators will allow their suppliers to use GM feed for poultry and eggs....
Sainsbury's has insisted it has "no plans" to open stores in India following a claim from a local government minister the UK grocer was interested in entering the market....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis