UK: Tesco launches GBP140m Clubcard promotion
Tesco is launching a GBP140m clubcard promotion
Tesco has launched its August Clubcard campaign in the UK with the launch of a five-week promotion for customers.
The mailing will offer GBP140m (US$223.1m) in rewards through its Double Points programme.
The "Big Clubcard Voucher Exchange" will mean that for every GBP5 in Clubcard vouchers, customers can opt to exchange them for a GBP10 reward token to spend on a range of non-food items including garden furniture, nappies, pet food and clothing.
Tesco UK marketing director Carolyn Bradley said: "This promotion is a real summer-saving bonanza for our Clubcard members and our way of saying ‘thank you' to our loyal customers.
Thanks to double points, customers are earning points twice as fast and getting more vouchers in their statements. The Big Clubcard Voucher Exchange gives people a fun and exciting way to spend their vouchers and make great savings just by doing their normal shop."
The campaign will run until 5 September.
Shares in Tesco fell this morning (13 January) as the grocery retailer blamed the snow for its weaker performance in its key UK market....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review