UK: Tesco launches organic boxes in London
Tesco is preparing to launch an organic box scheme in London, the UK retailer confirmed today (19 October).
The scheme, called Soil and Seed, is an "exclusive organic produce offer" initially launching in London, a spokesperson for the company told just-food.
"Working together with our organic farmers, the scheme will begin in the coming weeks, using our existing Dotcom network to distribute high quality organic veg across the capital," the spokesperson said. "Customers will have the opportunity to buy a range of organic vegetables, fruit and salad, with the convenience of placing and receiving their order alongside their usual Tesco online shop."
Tesco has once again ignited the price war with the launch of its Price Promise, garnering a mixed reaction from analysts who suggest it could just be an extension of other retail schemes or the retai...
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- US performance weighs on General Mills
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"
- JBS acquires Cargill's US pork unit
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit