UK: Tesco launches organic boxes in London
Tesco is preparing to launch an organic box scheme in London, the UK retailer confirmed today (19 October).
The scheme, called Soil and Seed, is an "exclusive organic produce offer" initially launching in London, a spokesperson for the company told just-food.
"Working together with our organic farmers, the scheme will begin in the coming weeks, using our existing Dotcom network to distribute high quality organic veg across the capital," the spokesperson said. "Customers will have the opportunity to buy a range of organic vegetables, fruit and salad, with the convenience of placing and receiving their order alongside their usual Tesco online shop."
Tesco has once again ignited the price war with the launch of its Price Promise, garnering a mixed reaction from analysts who suggest it could just be an extension of other retail schemes or the retai...
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour