UK: Tesco launches organic boxes in London
Tesco is preparing to launch an organic box scheme in London, the UK retailer confirmed today (19 October).
The scheme, called Soil and Seed, is an "exclusive organic produce offer" initially launching in London, a spokesperson for the company told just-food.
"Working together with our organic farmers, the scheme will begin in the coming weeks, using our existing Dotcom network to distribute high quality organic veg across the capital," the spokesperson said. "Customers will have the opportunity to buy a range of organic vegetables, fruit and salad, with the convenience of placing and receiving their order alongside their usual Tesco online shop."
Tesco has once again ignited the price war with the launch of its Price Promise, garnering a mixed reaction from analysts who suggest it could just be an extension of other retail schemes or the retai...
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Italy warns of EUR200m hit from Russia ban