UK: Tesco launches organic boxes in London
Tesco is preparing to launch an organic box scheme in London, the UK retailer confirmed today (19 October).
The scheme, called Soil and Seed, is an "exclusive organic produce offer" initially launching in London, a spokesperson for the company told just-food.
"Working together with our organic farmers, the scheme will begin in the coming weeks, using our existing Dotcom network to distribute high quality organic veg across the capital," the spokesperson said. "Customers will have the opportunity to buy a range of organic vegetables, fruit and salad, with the convenience of placing and receiving their order alongside their usual Tesco online shop."
Tesco has once again ignited the price war with the launch of its Price Promise, garnering a mixed reaction from analysts who suggest it could just be an extension of other retail schemes or the retai...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Premier Foods adds to Mr Kipling range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis