UK: Tesco makes 200 price cuts on Finest range
Tesco has launched an assault on the UK luxury food market this Christmas with price cuts across 200 products in its Finest range.
The retailer's offers include 50% off king prawns, on sale for GBP2.50, and half price lobster thermidore at GBP10, it announced today (7 December).
The price promotions, which come alongside a TV push for the Finest range, span across meat, fish, party food, ready meals and desserts.
"We know that despite the credit crunch shoppers are trading up for Christmas and we believe we can offer them unbeatable value on the widest range of Finest items we have ever had," said Tesco commercial director Richard Brasher.
"We also know that in the past some shoppers may have felt tempted to go elsewhere for their luxury food - this Christmas we think they'll be in for a great surprise when they see what's on offer at Tesco."
Brasher said the retailer has almost tripled its range in the luxury Christmas dessert market and now includes Finest Raspberry Trifle, Finest Profiteroles, Finest White Chocolate Bombe and Finest Melt In Middle Chocolate Pudding.
Tesco stocks over 1,000 Finest food and drink products. The TV adverts will run until 22 December.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch